Welcome

Thanks for stopping by-here you will find beauty reviews, fashion tips, and more fun stuff! I welcome your ideas!

Search This Blog

Friday, July 2, 2010

Vintage





As you well now, I love antiques and vintage! I always have! When my daughter, Lindsey, suggested I join Etsy (she already had a jewelry shop there), it sounded perfect for me!

And it has been great! I'm having so much fun! Everything about having my shops is right up my alley!

I love the shopping (of course), the marketing and promoting, getting to know fellow vintage Etsy shop owners (great people and so helpful!), photography (that's been a big learning process, but it's become my favorite part of owning my shops!), oh, and I can't forget...wrapping the sold items! Okay-maybe that's my favorite part!

So where was I? Oh! I wanted to show you a couple of ideas on how to use vintage items. They don't have to be used for what they were originally intended for.

For example, the large Indiana Glass Co Milk Glass Teardrop Compote is perfect for pretty washcloths in your powder room! Of course, the brass dresser mirror is a good place to keep your favorite pearls! Also any pretty little vintage item like my cute little milk glass dish is perfect for storing cotton balls!

Oh-and that perfume-one of my favorites! It's Burberry-The Beat (I purchased it from Nordstroms)! It's not too overwhelming! For a lighter summer fragrance, you might also like Clean Warm Cotton (purchased at Sephora).

So hunt for some pretty vintage treasures and give them new life!

Happy 4th of July! Have fun and stay safe!

Jen

1 comment:

Bernadette said...

Thanks for finding such gorgeous vintage items...you display them so beautifully! I keep dropping hints for my hubby - birthdays, Christmas,any holiday, any time! LOL