Welcome

Thanks for stopping by-here you will find beauty reviews, fashion tips, and more fun stuff! I welcome your ideas!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hair Color update

My last update was about coloring my own hair.  I'm getting better at it! 

I was so afraid the color would turn out weird, that I wasn't leaving it in long enough, and the darn grays would pop out within a week or two!

So this last time I left it on as long as the instructions said to, and I like it, and although it's only been a few days, I think it's going to be better!

But....I went to my hairdresser today, for a haircut, and while she's washing my hair she says "did you just color your hair", and I knew by her tone, she didn't like it (or maybe didn't like the fact that I was spending the million dollars that I was having her do it for me!).  Well, she pointed out that I missed a good area in the front (because I was concentrating so much on the roots where the gray shows up the most).

I have bangs, so you can't really tell (and I hadn't even noticed it until she pointed it out).  She had to make a few more comments about how coloring your own hair just isn't as good as having a professional do it.

And then I had to point out to her that, since my husband's been laid off for over a year, my idea of coloring my own hair right now is a good one!

I'm happy with it.

So there!

Next...I just might try "Best Cuts" for my next haircut!  $50 for a haircut-yikes-!! I'm sure Best Cuts it's a lot cheaper!

Happy New Year!

Jen

No comments: